I don’t know about you guys, but my mouth waters just at the thought of digging into a bowl of Bibimbap, or drinking a hot bowl of dumpling soup! If you’re a fan of Korean food as much as I am, and you have a culinary prowess to boot, then join this contest and you might just win cash prizes or even better: a trip to Korea!
Contest Period: 2015-Jun-19 to 2015-Jul-19
Do you have what it takes to win this contest hosted by Korean Cultural Center? Read on for details.
Free to Join!
Prizes at Stake
Grand Prize Winner: Trip and Culinary Tour to Korea & P30,000
2nd Place Winner: P20,000
3rd Place Winner: P10,000
- Open to all cooks, cooking school students, and the general public who have an interest in Korean food.
- Must be 18 years old and above.
- Must be a natural born resident and citizen of the Philippines.
- Participants and their parents should have never had Korean citizenship and at least one part of the parents should not be Korean.
- Participant must not have been raised in a Korean household.
To be a part of the cooking contest, send in your application requirements:
a. Duly accomplished application form – the form is available on the link below
b. Copy of participant’s valid ID or passport. (KCC will only be able to assist the winner in his/her VISA application but will not be able to assist with passport application in case the winner does not have a passport.)
c. Participant can get additional points if he/she provides the following additional requirements:
- Video of the participant cooking Korean food (must be uploaded on YouTube and attach link on application form)
- Photo of the participant cooking Korean food (attach photos via e-mail) – email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject head [2015GTOK] NAME.
All requirements may be sent via email to (email@example.com) with the subject head [2015GTOK] NAME
or in person via: 2F Mancor Corporate Center, 32nd Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. (Application form and documents must be in a sealed brown envelope addressed to “KCC Events Coordinator”)
If you are selected to be a part of the contest, take note of the ff. rules:
- Each participant is allowed to have one (1) assistant to help them only during the preparation and cleaning time before and after the cooking competition proper.
- The participant should make a single-menu Korean food (ex: Bibimbap, Japchae, Bulgogi, Tteokbokki) either in a Traditional or Fusion (Contemporary) style – 2 servings must be made (1 plate to be shared by the judges, 1 for display)
- The organizer will provide only the basic ingredients, table wares, and cook wares. A list will be provided upon
- The participant may bring any additional ingredient, sauce, cookware, or dishware they deem necessary for the preparation and cooking of their chosen dish.